Hey Howdy Hey Tappers! We’ve got a fun new feature for you here on Addicts, and this comes to us from a comment regular, Safi! Safi came to us with an idea for a fun poll challenge to run over the Summer. A Bracket Challenge to find the ultimate character we’d like to see in TSTO.
And I LOVE this idea! I’ve been wanting to do a bracket challenge for awhile now, but just haven’t had the time to put it all together. So Safi’s been hard at work putting together all of the details and structure for this challenge…and we think it came out great!
So enjoy the journey over the summer as we crown the Addicts Most Desired Character!
Without further ado…here’s Safi:
How much longer EA can keep Tapped Out going is up for debate. But what isn’t debatable is that there are plenty of characters in the rich history of The Simpsons universe still not in our little game. From Homer’s college mates to his look-a-likes, from Bart’s crushes to Lisa’s idols, from four-eyed friends to four-legged pets, there is plenty of ‘untapped’ potential (pun intended). But which character do we really want?
We present to you the TSTO Addicts: Most Desired Character Bracket Battle…..
Below you’ll find 64 beloved characters/character combos we believe would bring a smile to your face, have great tasks, could make for an awesome event, or simply be a nice idea for a new Friends Point prize.
The characters have been organized into eight thematic conferences and will battle each other in six rounds of head-to-head match-ups, that we hope produces the most debate in the comments below. We’ll do our best to convince you of each character’s merits, but it’s ultimately up to you.
Every Friday or Saturday over summer (From Alissa: It’s going to come down to what’s going on in the game as to whether this gets posted on a Friday or Saturday), we’ll post that week’s match-ups and your votes will determine which characters advance to the next round, until we’ve crowned “The Most Desired Character(s)” on Friday September 2nd.
Here’s the full bracket:
Click to view larger
Quickly, some general housekeeping rules and guidelines:
– The expanded landscape of The Simpsons means there are numerous characters that could have made the bracket, but ultimately just fell short.
– The selected 64 characters’/character combos have been divided into eight conferences: Men, Boys, Pets, Combos, Doppelgangers, One Hit Wonders, Girls, and Women.
– The characters were selected and have been pre-seeded 1 to 8 in each of the conferences based on the preferences of the selector and may differ from your choices.
– Characters voiced by the late Phil Hartmann such as Troy McClure, Lionel Hutz, and Lyle Lanley have not been included, as they are unlikely to enter the game (despite the fact that some of you will argue that Phil Hartmann-voiced Johnny Tightlips is in our game).
– All characters, including pets and doppelgangers, are assumed to be independent playable characters; no NPC.
– Combo characters are assumed to be one character like Sherri & Terri and Patches & Poor Violet
– Weekly matchups will be posted on Friday or Saturday and voting will remain open until noon EDT the following Thursday, except for the final two rounds where voting will be extended by one week.
– The schedule of matchups is as follows:
oWeek 1 (Today) – The 1 vs 8 matchup in all eight conferences
oWeek 2– The 2 vs 7 matchup in all eight conferences
oWeek 3 – The 3 vs 6 matchup in all eight conferences
oWeek 4 – The 4 vs 5 matchup in all eight conferences
oWeek 5 – The first conference semi-final in all eight conferences
oWeek 6 – The second conference semi-final in all eight conferences
oWeek 7 – The finals in all eight conferences
o Week 8– The Quarter Finals
o Week 9 – The Semi Finals (voting open for two weeks)
o Friday August 19th – The Championship Finals (voting open for two weeks)
o Friday September 2nd – The winner is unveiled
– Should any of the characters be released into our game over the summer, they will be replaced by the character they most recently defeated (or be replaced altogether by a new character if it happens before their round 1 match-up).
Now without further ado, our first eight matchups:
Click on any image to view larger….
ONE HIT WONDER CONFERENCE
Reminder, voting is open until noon EDT Thursday June 16.
Week 2 match ups will be available for voting on Saturday June 18th.
What are your thoughts on this weeks eight match-ups? Of the eight match-ups above, which was the easiest decision and which was the hardest? What do you think of the bracket? Which characters would you have added? Sound off below, you know we love hearing from you.