Bonjour Brilliant Beautiful Building Bracket Battle Best Buddies,
(Today’s post is sponsored by the letter “B”)
As many of you know, the seventh edition of the Bracket Battle is back this summer. This time it’s to determine the best season of The Simpsons. However, this time, we have an added pick’em contest to go along with the Bracket Battle and the Addicts have been kind enough to provide a prize of $10 USD gift card (or equivalent) to one winner from the United States and one International winner.
While it’s too late to enter the contest now, the original contest post with rules can be found here.
A quick recap of the contest:
- Basically everyone who entered made their 31 picks for who will win the 31 head-to-head matchups.
- Every correct Round 1 (weeks 1-4) matchup is worth 1 point.
- Every correct Round 2 (weeks 5-6) matchup is worth 2 points.
- Every correct Round 3 (week 7) matchup is worth 5 points.
- Every correct Round 4 (week 8) matchup is worth 10 points.
- And correctly predicting the winner in Round 5 (week 9) is worth 20 points.
- The two people (1 from US, 1 international) with the most points at the end of the Bracket Battle each win a prize.
So how did I do?
Here is the final Leaderboard sorted by points, then by tiebreaker, then alphabetically by name:
Congrats to myself. But since I’m not eligible for the prize, congrats to our two winners:
Federico B of Italy winning the international prize with 56 of a maximum 92 points.
Sandra S of USA winning the US prize with 55 of a maximum 92 points.
So who did everyone predict would win:
Well that’s it for the pick’em contest. How did your Bracket go? What did you do right and what did you do wrong? Did you do better than the Addicts? Sound off in the comments below. You know we love hearing from you!