In our silly lil game, we sometimes see things pop in that we have no clue as to their Origin. They seem familiar, but we just can’t pinpoint from where. So that is why we decided to make a fun lil reminder out of it. To let you know just Where Did THAT Come From?
For this post, we’ll be taking a look at one of the craftable items in the Terwilleger event… the Farmer’s Market. So why is this in our games? Does it have anything to do really with the Terwilligers? Let’s take a look at the TV Series to find out.
“The Day the Earth Stood Cool” (S24:E7)
After Homer realizes he’s not “cool” and can be mistaken for a grandpa, he meets a “cool” couple from Portland and tries out being a hipster. Ultimately, Springfield is taken over by hipsters when Springfield becomes as popular as toe sneakers. All of Springfield is made “cool”. Here’s some examples:
– Lard Lad Donuts is taken over by Devil Donuts
– Sprawl*Mart becomes America’s Apparel
– King Toot’s becomes King Toke’s Medical Marijuana Clinic
– The Android’s Dungeon becomes a store named Taschen (special thanks to Christob for letting me know this is a world-famous art-book publisher, not a kitschy Portland thing)
– Moe’s Tavern now serves Duff Blue Ribbon
– Springfield Elementary is renamed the Springfield Charter Co-Op Experiment including music class taught by The Decemberists
And of course, amongst this, the Springfield Tire Fire is repurposed as the Springfield Farmer’s Market. “The cool people are everywhere!”
So there’s your origin for this new craftable item in the Terwilleger Event. A symbol of Hipster Springfield. Kind of makes me laugh inside since I know how the hipsters would react knowing their market is part of an event all about GMOs. What do you think about the item? Actually earned enough to craft it yet? Sound off below and stay classy.
TTFN… Wookiee out!