How much longer EA can keep Tapped Out going is up for debate. But what isn’t debatable is that there are plenty of buildings in the rich history of The Simpsons universe still not in our little game. From Marge’s old house to the laundromat, from Moe’s apartment to Ned’s Praiseland, from taverns to café’s, inn’s to colleges, there is plenty of ‘untapped’ potential (pun intended). But which building do we really want?
We present to you TSTO Addicts’ Most Desired Building Bracket Battle. Like last year, we will create a Bracket of 64 beloved buildings we believe would bring a smile to your face, have great tasks, could make for an awesome event, or simply be a nice idea for a new Friends Point prize. Unlike last year though, you will have a huge say in what buildings make the cut.
We have selected 96 buildings organized into eight thematic conferences. We have chosen four to get automatic entries into the Bracket. However, your votes in the polls below will select which four buildings will join them in each conference. Those 64 buildings will then battle each other in six rounds of head-to-head match-ups, that we hope produces the most debate in the comments below. We’ll do our best to convince you of each buildings merits, but it’s
ultimately up to you.
Over the next two weeks, we’ll have two polls every fourth day, by which you’ll complete the Bracket. After that, every Friday over summer, we’ll post that week’s match-ups and your votes will determine which buildings advance to the
next round, until we’ve crowned “The Most Desired Building” on Friday September 1st.
Quickly, some general housekeeping rules and guidelines:
– The expanded landscape of The Simpsons means there are numerous buildings that could have made the bracket and poll, but ultimately just fell short.
– The selected 96 buildings have been divided into eight conferences: Houses/Mansions, Hotels/Apartments, Acadmeic/Museums, Attractions/Landmarks, Bars/Clubs, Restaurants, Springfield Mall, and
– 96 buildings were selected and the top 4 have been pre-seeded 1 to 4 in each of the conferences based on the preferences of the selector and may differ from your choices. However, you get to select 4 of the remaining 8 to be seeded 5 to 8 in each conference.
– All buildings are assumed to be independent buildings brought into our games without characters.
– Prior to the Bracket Battle building, Polls will be posted every 4th day and results will remain open until noon EDT of the third day.
– The schedule of polls is as follows:
-Monday June 12th – Polls to select 4 spots in Houses/Mansions and Businesses/Factories conferences
-Wednesday June 14th – Polls to select 4 spots in Hotels/Apartments and Springfield Mall conferences
-Saturday June 17th – Polls to select 4 spots in Academic/Museums and Restaurants conferences
-Tuesday June 20th – Polls to select 4 spots in Attractions/Landmarks and Bars/Clubs conferences
– Once you have completed filling the Bracket, weekly matchups will be posted on Friday and voting will remain open for 6 days until noon EDT the following Thursday.
– The schedule of matchups is as follows:
o Friday June 23rd – The 1 vs 8 matchup in all eight conferences
o Friday June 30th – The 2 vs 7 matchup in all eight conferences
o Friday July 7th – The 3 vs 6 matchup in all eight conferences
o Friday July 14th – The 4 vs 5 matchup in all eight conferences
o Friday July 21st – The first conference semi-final in all eight conferences
o Friday July 28th – The second conference semi-final in all eight conferences
o Friday August 4th – The finals in all eight conferences
o Friday August 11th – The Quarter Finals
o Friday August 18th– The Semi Finals
o Friday August 25th – The Championship Finals
o Friday September 1 st – The winner is unveiled
– Should any of the buildings be released into our game over the summer, they will be replaced by the building they most recently defeated (or be replaced by the building with the next most votes in the pre-Bracket poll if it happens before their round 1 match-up).
Here’s the current bracket we need you to fill:
Now without further ado, our first two conferences:
1st seed – Bouvier House
2nd seed – Murder House
3rd seed – Troy McClure House
4th seed – Homer and Mindy’s Mansion
Please select 4 of the following 8 Houses/Mansions (listed in alphabetical order) to join the Bracket Battle. Poll is open until noon EDT on Tuesday June 13th:
A) Abe and Selma’s House
B) Birthplace of Matt Groening
C) Brockman Mansion
D) Colonel Burns Manor
E) Judge Constance Harm
F) Lenny’s House
G) Prince House
H) Taylor House
1st seed – Springfield Shopper
2nd seed – Springfield Laundromat
3rd seed – Box Factory
4th seed – 35 Industry Way
Please select 4 of the following 8 Businesses/Factories (listed in alphabetical order) to join the Bracket Battle. Poll is open until noon EDT on Tuesday June 13th:
A) Are We Hair Yet
B) Chazz Busby Ballet Academy
C) Donny’s Discount Gas
D) KrustyCo Sweat Shop
E) Pillow Factory
G) Shell Shack
H) Smoke Factory
Reminder, voting is open until noon EDT Tuesday June 13. Be sure to come back for the next Poll and unveiling of the top 4 seeds in Hotels/Apartments and Springfield Mall on Wednesday June 14.
What are your thoughts on this years Bracket Battle? What about these two conferences? Of the choices in the polls above, which was the easiest decision and which was the hardest? Which building in these two conferences would you have added? Are you looking forward to any building showing up in the next two weeks? Sound off below, you know we love hearing from you.