Woo hoo! Level 48 dropped in the midst of all our holiday fun and this fuzzball is pretty stoked. Not only is it more Simpsons fun for all of us, but I got things I mentioned in other posts. Add to that some extra goodness and let’s just say there’s a walking carpet in Southern California with a big smile on his furry face. But enough about me… I’ve got a job to do and you know what that is… let y’all know (or remind you) just where THAT comes from. Before I begin, let me apologize for the delay in these posts. They were written up but delayed by all the holiday madness. For this Level 48 edition, we’ll take a look at the Krusty Burger Oil Rig.
The Krusty Burger Oil Rig is the newest aspirational building added into the game. That basically means it’s large, expensive and doesn’t do much but look large and expensive lol. The oil rig will set you back $8,000,000 and adds to the vanity rating of your conform-o-meter. I must admit I’d been saving for another big ticket item but immediately splurged on this bad boy just because I love the episode it is from. Which one is that? Well… let’s take a look at “Boy-Scoutz ‘n the Hood” (S5:E8). As an Eagle Scout, musical enthusiast and Simpsons lover, this episode ranks high on my list.
The oil rig appears at the tail end of this episode so let’s do a quick Cliff’s Notes guide about the events before it:
– Bart is kicked out of the Noiseland Arcade when he voices he’s out of money
– Bart finds Homer’s wind-lost $20, gets drunk with Milhouse on an all-syrup Squishee, goes crazy Broadway-style and joins the Junior Campers
– Springfield, Springfield! It’s a hell of a town!
– Junior campers may be geeks but they also get to miss pop quizzes and carry pocket knives
– Bart’s troop is having a father-son camping trip and in a funny segment, Bart invites Homer who says yes although they both wanted the opposite
– Ernest Borgnine guest stars as himself
– During a rafting trip, Homer loses the map, a wrong turn is made and Homer, Bart, Ned and the Flanders boys are lost at sea for quite a while.
– Don’t drink salt water… sea gulls go to sea to die and dolphins are buttheads
– Homer gives Bart a real swiss army knife, pokes (well… magnifies) a hole in the raft and they seem to be doomed…
Which brings us to the Krusty Burger oil rig. Krusty apparently thought it was a wise move to build a Krusty Burger way out at sea on an unmanned oil rig. He would have gone out of business but Homer smells the “delicious” aroma and maneuvers the sinking raft to it. 700 burgers later, this band of Junior Campers find themselves saved and I’m sure Krusty made a mint.
Interestingly, the right path for the rafting included mountain men, a ferocious bear, an abandoned summer camp and the ominous music from Friday the 13th… poor little campers. Borgnine and them didn’t stand a chance. And that’s it my friends. A new expensive decoration from an awesome episode.
TTFN… Wookiee out!