UPDATE: Getting scattered reports that many of these tasks are now starting to clear. I hope lighting the fire helped many of you out. Please let me know if many of you are still having this issue. Keep posting to forum and contacting EA as well if you are.
Hey there Hoppereenos!
Bouncing by to try and help out with an issue that is hitting all over the place. Many different results. Many different issues. All seem to revolve around one thing, the task is stuck on “Done”.
So many of you are running into this very same issue over and over. There is a LOT of ways to try and help the issue, but for some it still remains. Below I will make a list of options you can try before reaching out to EA. Here are the basics of what you can try.
1. Try and complete the task again, but this time use the pop up in the Task Menu on the left to “Go To” the character and complete the task instead of just tapping on the Thumbs Up.
2. Try to use Town Hall Character Locator and “Go To” them instead of tapping on the Thumbs Up to complete the task after trying it again. Just locate their name and tap on the info next to it.
3. Try “kicking” the game aka getting it to sync back up that the task is done. To do this, go first to Krustyland then back again. Try the two methods above. If still nothing, go to a few Neighbors, then try again methods above.
4. Send the Character on a different task. Use the Character meant to complete the “Done” task and send them on another short one. When they are finished, use the methods in #1 or #2 to clear their new task. Then use #3 to see if it helps as well.
5. Take the Building that the task was being completed with. If the Character is inside a building, like Moe’s or used Moe’s to do that stuck task…store Moe’s into your inventory. This will kick any Characters in there out and then you can replace the building and try again.
6. Take the Character out of the game. If the Character was released with a building/decoration, store it in your Inventory. This will pull them out of the game. You can then put the item back and they will return.
7. Same as above, only this time take it a little further. Store the item in the Inventory, but then exit out of your game, restart your device, then go back into your game.
8. Wipe the game from your device to see if it is a bad or corrupted file. You should do this ONLY if your game is saved and linked to an Origin ID. This way you will not loose any progress. Go to your device Applications Manager (if you have one), locate the TSTO app, clear all the cache/data for the app, Uninstall the app, restart your device, once restarted reinstall the app, Log back in to your Origin ID. Try again to see if it will clear.
When all else fails, contact EA. I did see there is already a Forum thread on this one, but it was Originally started in 2012. Many started posting on it recently, so we can still utilize it to get the issue “FIRED” up.
Hopefully some of these suggestions will help some of you out of the “Done” loop. If not, please open a ticket AND post to the Forums so we can bring it to their attention.