OK…So, the mystery about the glitch being an Easter Egg, or a Glitch that could be exploited is over. It is patched (along with some other changes), which finally settles the old question, “What came first? The Glitch or the Egg?”
Or maybe…”What was BIG about BEN Before the Patch?”
In any case…a few of the glitches have been patched. Hard to tell what the longterm ramifications for those who exploited may be, if any.
Here’s the list…
- The infinite currency payout from tapping the Big-Digi Ben in a neighbor’s towns was fixed.
- At the Go-Kart Track, the chances of winning 2-1 was changed from 56.51% to 66.01%, 9-1 from 33.15% to 20%, 19-1 from 7.83% to 10% and 49-1 from 2.52% to 4%The winnings from the 49-1 odds at the Go-Kart Track was lowered from $2,500,000 to $250,000.
- The Monorail Tunnels can’t be placed in succession…fixing a bug that allowed them to be removed, along with the land associated with the tunnel.
- Robot Parts and Future Bucks now won’t appear in the HUD until collection process is complete.
- Payouts for the “Sci-Fighter” mini game were increased with the addition of the new robots (thanks Gio/LPN).
In short…once again…EA had a bit of a “Glitch-Fest” with the Act and update. Go figure.
If it is any consolation to those of you who didn’t get a chance to “Exploit” (cheat) the Big Ben Bug, and are smarting from yesterday’s outage… The added payout on the Sci-Fighter will help a ton in staying on track.
I clear my PolyVac 4 times a day…and am staying well ahead of the calendar. So…there is hope yet, even for those who didn’t “exploit.”