Let us begin with a reminder that ALL of our “Should I Buy” guides are merely to be used as tools to make up your own minds as to whether an item is worth your time in ROT (Return On Tapping) ratio. It is the OPINION of the writer (me), and nothing more. You, the player, always have the Free Will to ignore said opinions and obtain (I hesitate to use the word “purchase” as these are Freemium offerings that you win randomly). anything your little heart desires. Because let’s be honest…these posts are ALL about your happiness and contentment. Right?
I’m actually going to make this EAsy. There is a LOT of stuff…but, as you will see, there are only a handful of gems in between loads of potential clutter. So, let’s dig in!
As laid out in the previous post, the Gift Vouchers are redeemed in three potential segments, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Not surprisingly, the best stuff is in the Platinum segment, and the more “cluttery” stuff in the Silver. Gold is always gold…nice, but certainly not platinum!
And again, a reminder that EA did the segmentation. I had nothing to do with it. So if you think that the “Tropical Island” should be Gold instead of Silver, take it up with EA. Although…I agree that it just sits there…looking all island-y. Tempting you during bad weather to escape to the sunny climes of a tropical island…but, I digress…
As this part of the update is really pretty much just a Randomizer attached to an algorithm that knows what you already have…the list below is really just a rating system of what is being offered...but, it is RANDOM…so you are barely picking.
The bad news? This is the wHell all over…but, with a donut penalty for long-time players. The good news? I have almost all of this stuff…and there was a REASON I don’t have what I don’t have. So…I’m not sweating it. I hope you all have the same attitude. But, on to my picks…
Expanded Description of my Picks
Stepping back from the list, it’s EAsy to see why EA broke the presents into three categories. Almost all of the stuff in the SILVER CATEGORY could be labeled as “Nice decorations if you have the Space.” Because, make no doubt about it, most of these are buildings with very little to offer, except diversity in neighborhood planning and decoration.
BEFORE YOU ASK…I’m not going to get into the earning/multiplier stuff here. For the most part, very few of the prizes earn multiplier percentages. Most are just decorations or skins.
- Christmas Clams $50 a Pound – Meh…funny name.
- Leftorium Express- Ned had a store. This isn’t a store.
- Picture on a Rembrandt – Small…but has a great history.
- Tropical Island- One of my picks, because it DOES add some color and warmth to an otherwise strangely bland ocean in the game.
- Plow King’s Plow- even if you don’t have the Plow King, it is one of the more unique vehicles in Sprinfield.
- Virgil’s Cabin- Really underwhelming.
- Abercrombie & Rich- Funny name…kind of lame followthrough.
Springfield Animal Shelter – Strangely out of place. But, maybe a funny added option for your Cat-A-Pult if you have one.
- Wooly Bully – A freemium building that was “meh” at the time…and only gets more “meh” with time.
Helter Shelter- I have it. But, because I find the name disturbing.
- Fort Sensible-while it is for the most part, just a large decoration, I love mine, and have it near a “Fun Center” that includes a maze and the “Escalator to Nowhere”
- Ebenezer Burns Skin- OK. I maybe SHOULD have bolded this one, except that Burns is now really getting thick with skins for the Christmas season. I have this one…but never use it because the other ones are funnier.
- Fetivus Comic Book Guy Skin- I LOVE the concept of Festivus. It was a hilarious bit on Seinfeld, and CBG deserves something unique and funny.
Christmas Raccoon- Nah. We have the real thing here in my back yard. They are messy little devils.
- Spruce Caboose- love it…have it…but not for everyone.
- Sequel Stop – Makes a funny sound effect…and that’s about it.
- Chocolate Shoppe – cool building…and good blerpy sound effect
- Victor’s Secret- I have it, but forget it’s even in my game. Why? It’s a secret.
- Springfield Skating Rink- I remember being happy when I won this before. Has nice sound effect…that makes me smile.
- Springfield Mall- Not a fan. Malls in general are a blight. But, this one is pink, and weirdly out of proportion compared to other buildings.
- Plow King Skin– Gotta have it. Only because it is from one of my favorite episodes.
- Mr. Plow Skin– Gotta Have it. The Plow King without Mr. Plow? UNTHINKABLE!
- Mrs. Sinclair- I’m not going to lie. The creepy, sadistic tone of the orphanage and Mrs. Sinclair would fit into a Dickens novel, or 1984.
- Bear Cave- Don’t get me wrong. This is a very cute decoration. But, it IS a decoration. Does earn a 0.75% multiplier.
- Costington’s (and Mr. Costington)- I LOVE this guy. He is one of those characters that can “Out-Cranky” even me. A full character and a building. It’s enough to make one bluster!
- Springfield Orphanage-this one is creepy. The sound effect makes my heart stop…
- Buckingham Pay-Less Motel- Really weird. I have it in my Vegas Springfield…but it is pretty “meh”
- Wall E. Weasel’s- Not worth the work to get it.
- Slide Factory – This is just weird. I didn’t care for it when I got it, and still don’t. NOT a Platinum-worthy package in my opinion.
- North Pole Monorail Station- If you love the Monorail…and don’t have this station…GET IT.
- Efcot Center- Underwhemling.
- Sophie Krustofsky- I love this little girl. Krusty needs her around to keep him on the up and up. Full Character. She’s sweet.
- The Yes Guy- Say no to the yes guy. I do like his weirdly old-fashioned “Yeeeeeeeeessssss” way of talking, just like Frank Nelson and Jack Benny. But he grows tired after a bit of running around nervously.
Again…these are my opinions. And you know the old joke…”Opinions are just like elbows…they help you move both ways.” OK. Not so much a joke, as dodging the real joke which doesn’t use an elbow as the body part metaphor.
What do YOU Think of the ratings? What is YOUR favorite Mystery Gift? Let us know. You know we LOVE to hear from you.