Hopefully you read that in the appropriate Ogre voice from one of the best 80’s movies ever. So here’s the skinny on the Saturday Nerd deal.
1) We verified in the files that it was supposed to happen.
2) With rare exceptions, it seems like nobody got the promised nerds. Please comment if you did see this.
3) After a nice talk with Justin from EA tech support, we don’t know what the deal is. He was very helpful but couldn’t verify the issue or promised nerds for me.
4) If the nerds are a big deal for you, contact EA.
I wouldn’t advise the call me option because that’s what I did. Justin’s recommendation was to put in a work ticket. I’ve done that and will update the post when I hear more. Just a friendly hint, EA may say this wasn’t supposed to happen and we’ll all be right where we were at the start. As soon as I get a response, I’ll let everyone know.
5) According to Professor Frink, NERD stands for Not Even Remotely Dorky.
6) Good news for now is a lot of nerds lives were saved in the whole ordeal.
7) Not much else. In the grand scheme of things, this is a very minor deal and TSTO will go on. Apologies from the Addicts Team for any frustrations. I wish I could magic up the promised nerds for you. As always, stay classy like usual and keep on tapa-tap-tapping in the free world.
8) UPDATE: I received an email from EA Customer Service that stated they were aware of the issue. They honestly didn’t say much else beyond thanking me for my “pro-activeness and positive approach” but I did receive donuts for contacting them so thank you to all the readers from the fuzzball!
TTFN… Wookiee out!