Hey Howdy Hey Tappers!
We thought we’d do something a little fun tonight, it is Saturday night after all, and do a special weekend edition of Caption This! And unlike our usual weekly Caption This! post, this time we thought we’d share a few of the funny images you guys have been sending in! So caption 1, caption 2, caption them all…or just giggle along with us!
Sometimes TSTO gives us humorous little moments when we capture our characters doing rather strange things. These posts are all about those strange and funny moments! Twice a week we’ll be posting a Caption This! moment where we want you, the Addicts readers, to put on your writing caps and come up with what you think is happening in the screenshot. Post your captions in the comments below. We can’t wait to see how creative and funny you guys can be!
Hey Addicts… Caption This!
Sent in by Reader Jerksen123
Submited by reader AlexK
Submitted by reader AdmaN63
If you’ve got an image you’d like to submit for a “Caption this!” post, email it to us at TSTOAddictsblog@gmail.com or post it on the Addicts Flickr page, you never know when yours might be next!
Hopefully you read that in the appropriate Ogre voice from one of the best 80’s movies ever. So here’s the skinny on the Saturday Nerd deal.
1) We verified in the files that it was supposed to happen.
2) With rare exceptions, it seems like nobody got the promised nerds. Please comment if you did see this.
3) After a nice talk with Justin from EA tech support, we don’t know what the deal is. He was very helpful but couldn’t verify the issue or promised nerds for me.
4) If the nerds are a big deal for you, contact EA.
I wouldn’t advise the call me option because that’s what I did. Justin’s recommendation was to put in a work ticket. I’ve done that and will update the post when I hear more. Just a friendly hint, EA may say this wasn’t supposed to happen and we’ll all be right where we were at the start. As soon as I get a response, I’ll let everyone know.
5) According to Professor Frink, NERD stands for Not Even Remotely Dorky.
6) Good news for now is a lot of nerds lives were saved in the whole ordeal.
7) Not much else. In the grand scheme of things, this is a very minor deal and TSTO will go on. Apologies from the Addicts Team for any frustrations. I wish I could magic up the promised nerds for you. As always, stay classy like usual and keep on tapa-tap-tapping in the free world.
8) UPDATE: I received an email from EA Customer Service that stated they were aware of the issue. They honestly didn’t say much else beyond thanking me for my “pro-activeness and positive approach” but I did receive donuts for contacting them so thank you to all the readers from the fuzzball!
TTFN… Wookiee out!
Hey Howdy Hey Tappers!
UPDATE 8/30/14 @ 1645 EST: Got a call back from EA. All the info I found out is in this post.
UPDATE 8/30/14 @ 4 PM EST: Just like a lot of you, I haven’t received the nerd replenishment either. Waiting for a call back from EA so I’ll keep you posted. ~ Wookiee
Saturday IS Troop Replenishment day! A reminder that at 2pm EDT (1800 GMT) reinforcement troops will arrive in your Springfield and your troops will be maxed out! So be sure to use up what you have BEFORE 2pm EDT (1800 GMT)…because you won’t get a second chance today to have them replenished by EA.
Once 2pm EDT rolls around, many of you will be seeing this message on your Tapping Device informing you that a new wave of Nerds are ready for battle in your Springfield!
And when you sign into Springfield you’ll see this message popup:
Your troops have now been maxed out! A little gift from EA…
Remember this won’t hit until 2pm EDT (1800 GMT)…
What do YOU think of this addition? Are you enjoying Clash of Clones so far? How are your nerd troops holding up? Sound off in the comments below, you know we LOVE hearing from you!